]

05 May 2013

Five Months.


And round it comes again.  Another monthly update on our little man who is getting bigger by the day. I can't believe I have a five month old.  Holy smokes that is weird to say.  Where have the last five months gone?  It's flown by, yet at the same time it feels like a lifetime ago that I was in the hospital having him and I honestly struggle to remember life before him.


Stats:

He won't have a check-up until next month so we are playing the guessing game on his weight.  Our boy is not hurting for a meal and his legs roll and roll and roll.  I would say he is in the high 16 pound range.  He is a handful to carry around and my arm muscles sure show it.  He is so long too.  Pretty sure he is taking after my side of the family, my dad in particular.


Sleep:

I am a happy mama to report that Gideon's sleep habits have vastly improved from last months update.  And you all should be happy too because it was about to get real up in here with me getting zero sleep. G is sleeping so much better and understands that he WILL not get fed until it is getting closer to morning.  He usually goes to bed between 7:30 and 8:00 in the evening and sleeps until between 3:45 or 4:30 in the morning.   I usually go ahead and feed him at this point and he will then sleep until 7:30. He isn't even up for long, usually 10 to 15 minutes.  If he wakes up any other times, which usually isn't so, I just give him a few sips of water from a bottle and then lay him back down.  He puts himself back to sleep.


Eating:

We have started a new adventure in the eating department this month.  Gideon has started getting some food other than just nursing.  We started with rice cereal but it was constipating him so we stopped.  I had heard that oatmeal was good to cure this so we started oatmeal and he is loving it.  We were doing oatmeal in the morning and in the afternoon in addition to his 5 times of nursing or bottle throughout the day.  Just this week I started to introduce veggies.  I picked sweet potato to be first and we now do oatmeal in the morning and sweet potato in the afternoon.  Can't wait to try other veggies but they say to wait three days before trying a new one to be sure about allergies and what not.  I also am waiting to try fruit because I know once he gets a taste of that goodness it will be hard to get him to eat veggies.  He is still 100% breastfed and I really don't have any intention of supplementing at this point.  It has just worked for us which I am excited about.


Tidbits:

Gideon is a blonde boy.  It is so evident now and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE his little fuzzy chick hair.  He is moving all over the place. We removed the sleep sack and have given him free range at night. He is a tummy sleeper for sure and often pushes on his knees with his bottom in the air to sleep.  Adorable. He pushes up onto straight arms on the floor now and pushes himself every which way to be where he wants to be.  And I think my favorite thing from this month is that Gideon has started to say "mama."  Kill me now, it is the cutest thing in the world.  He usually only does it when he is crying and wants me, but dang it, it was his first word and that is something. Also, just this past Thursday, Gideon started sitting on his own.  He will still roll to the side after a bit, but for a few minutes he will keep himself up by putting his hands on the ground!


1 month
2 months
3 months
4 months

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...