]

18 April 2014

Good Friday

Gideon must have read my post from yesterday because he slept through the whole night. Good Friday indeed.

Our forecast is calling for rain from today through Sunday and at first I was really bummed about it.  I wanted to sit in the sun today and play outside with Gideon, but I honestly think this weather and the cloud-cover we are experiencing has made me consider what the day we celebrate was really like.  Stormy and dark.  I read Gideon the parts in his storybook Bible about the cross, death and resurrection of Jesus.  I don't know what it was about how they worded it for kids, but the part about the resurrection was so exciting and I kept repeating it over and over and Gideon was getting excited and I fell in love with the cross all over again for more than it being just a story.  It's real.  And the excitement is real.

Despite this week being hard, we spent a fun evening dyeing eggs. The eggs turned out horrible, but we didn't care. We had fun together.  Next year, I promise to use vinegar and not just water and maybe our eggs will actually get some color.

"He is not here, for he has risen, as he said." - Matthew 28:6





And here is a peek inside Gideon's Easter basket:


Two shirts, sandals, board book (Duck & Goose), chalk, suckers, applesauce, and 50 Avengers temporary tattoos (cause every needs that, right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...