]

23 September 2014

Hello, fall.





If you haven't heard, let me be the bearer of great news.  It's officially fall.  Scarf-wearing, tree-changing, hot chocolate-drinking, almost Thanksgiving, pumpkin everything fall.

Beaufort surprised us this morning and brought some much cooler weather.  Grab a jacket type weather which is unheard of this time of year.  Last year when we moved here it was ninety degrees through most of October, so if this sweet little day can just hang around for a while, I will be most happy.

Last week, we started a pre-preschool twice a week for Gideon and his friend Hudson.  On Tuesday mornings, I have both of the boys and we play, work on letters, numbers, crafts, dancing, learning to share (this is so hard for them) and then on Thursdays we switch.  So that means, this mama gets three whole hours to myself on Thursday mornings which is glorious and exciting and feels like one of the best decisions ever.  For a few months at least, until I add another snuggly baby to the mix.

Yesterday, I decided to get out the few (and far between) fall decorations we have.  I wasn't going to as we are hopefully moving in the next month, but the weather just made me itch for it and my mom sent me the best smelling B&BW fall candles which inspired the mood further.  I'm not much for all-out decorating (except at Christmas), but a few fall things are fun.  I decided I needed a little something extra, so I used some extra burlap I had and busted out that banner in a few minutes. I've also considered selling them (and bigger ones with names, words, etc), but it's still up in the air.

It's been a struggle to not pull my crockpot out and throw some chili together, but Taylor is very adamant that chili season runs from October 1 to March 1.  So another week and I can make it happen. He is, however, OK with milk and cookie nights while watching Parenthood after Gideon goes to bed. Parenthood, you guys. We are catching up on season 5 on Netflix and I can't stop. Make me a Braverman.

If you made it this far in this rambly post, happy fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...