]

03 July 2014

Minnesota | 2014

 








 








 






 





 

 I don't know if I could ever fully put into words how much I love visiting my grandpa's farm in Minnesota.  It's the place that always sticks out in my mind from growing up.  When friends were heading to the beach to vacation, we were headed up north, but I didn't feel like I was missing out.  If anything, I felt like I got the good end of the stick.  

The only thing that has changed from when I was little is the people.  We lost a few and gained a ton, but the bones of the farm are the same.  The dinner bell still sits on top of the wood shed.  There is still just one bathtub (yes, a bathtub.  No shower!). Gold starburst wallpaper in the bathroom, mint green trim inside, and dark green outside.  A basement full of pop, freezer full of ice cream, and plenty of bikes to ride.  It's these little things that make it so familiar each time.  I'm always excited to see that it hasn't changed.  

The best part of this trip was watching Gideon fall in love with my favorite place.  He ate it up and would have lived outside if we had let him.  Cows, tractors, swings, and ducks to chase.  I'm so glad I get to share this with him.

1 comment:

  1. How did I miss this post. I LOVE it! Thanks for sharing the memories

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...