]

07 May 2014

Summer list


I know a majority of the country is living it up in their nice Spring weather, but here at the beach we are in full-swing Summer with our ninety degree days.  I (dumbly) didn't expect this to hit so soon and am starting to get a little concerned about June and July.  And August.  Maybe September.  Oh, and October because Halloween was definitely hot last year.   To all my local friends, you could have warned a lady before she agreed to move here. (But I still would have probably come, if only for the shrimp).

The biggest challenge will be to keep a rowdy toddler occupied and a mama sane throughout the heat.  Our apartment is great, but small-ish and a little too much time spent in there and I might be jumping off the deck.  So I thought I would gather a list of things we should try and accomplish this Summer so that I am not sitting here with the whole must think of activity dead-brain while Gideon eats marshmallows and smears soggy Cheerios in my hair.

+ Strawberry picking (this one scares me.  I just picture my son trampling the plants or gorging on their product)
+ Firefly catching.  (but leaving them outside)
+ Sparklers in the evening
+ Downtown music (our town has an awesome downtown on the waterfront)
+ Minor league baseball game (I totally go for the snacks.  Ice cream, peanuts, hot dogs, nachos. Oh my.)
+ Make our own salsa (Please share your recipes.  Something easy for this non-cook)
+ Water balloons (Stress reliever to throw them at my kid?)
+ Drive-in (So this might be a date, sans kid.  Or most definitely sans kid)
+ Kangaroo cup (one down the street and a slushie a day sounds perfect)
+ Of course a million beach and pool days

Any other thoughts or ideas? And let's be real, if we end up in the blasting AC all day taking naps, that's good too, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...