]

16 May 2014

Five on Friday


1. Today is the last day of our vacation.  Boo, hiss.  It has been the best vacation postpartum.  As in, our kid is not attached to me for sustenance and we have calmed the heck down as parents.  He has slept amazing, we have slept amazing.  And sleep heals all, am I right?

2. At graduation last week, I started thinking about how Gideon's name will sound when he graduates and walks across the stage.  It made me happy with our choice.  He may not feel the same.

3. I turned 26 a couple of weeks ago.  I don't know how that one escaped the ol' blog, but as Taylor would say, I'm on the downside to 30.  I don't mind aging (usually because I'm the youngest of those we are around anyways).  Still breathing and somewhat in shape so all is good.

4. Gideon met a girl.  I didn't think it would happen this early in life.  It was a summer romance on the pier.  And he kissed her.  It was actually really cute.  Maybe because I knew he was still coming home with me and I would get the last kiss of the night.  Moms and boys.  Nothing like it.

5. I got this Nikon lens with some birthday money and it might be the best purchase I've ever made.  Having a wide aperture lens makes photos so much brighter and allows for shooting in low light situations like inside, which is where I am a majority of the time with my boy.  If you are looking for a good lens, I approve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...