]

02 December 2013

Thanksgiving 2013.

I know, I know.  You guys are all, "where the heck have you been?"  Oh, just here and there and EVERY freaking where we could have been.  Ok, maybe not, but it sounded like a great reason to not have blogged in so long.  I will be honest and say I was letting all of this take over a little and was beginning to get obsessive with having to post everyday.  I needed to step back and allow myself to feel OK if I missed some.  But, I do have some fun posts coming up, like a first birthday (hello, emotions.) so don't give up on me!

We had an awesome Thanksgiving week.  It was only the second Thanksgiving of my life, that I was not at home waking up to my dad cooking the turkey and going through sale ads with my mom.  But, despite all of that, it was wonderful.  We decided to make the trek to Chattanooga to visit Taylor's extended family (his mom, sister, and her boyfriend came too!).  Six hours in a car with an almost one year old?  Yea, we are crazy.  He did AMAZING though considering the trip took over eight hours with lots of stand still traffic, someone bumping us in said stand still traffic and a bunch of spit up.

We also celebrated Gideon's birthday while there so they could party with him.  And let me tell you, my kid ate it up while everyone was singing to him.  He could care less about the cake, but sing happy birthday to him and clap and he is on cloud nine.  P.S. He doesn't need anymore presents for the rest of his life.  We barely fit in the car on the way home.  Pretty sure that's why there was no damage when the car bumped us, because it just bounced off of our way too full trunk.

And let's not forget about Black Friday.  My sister-in-law wanted to go since she had never been before.  We even waited until Friday evening to head to the mall, but the crazies are still out full force.   I also forgot that I can't hang with an avid shopper like Brittany and my feet were killing me after two hours.  It was fun though.






















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...