]

11 December 2013

Gideon's first birthday party

We went to Charlotte last weekend to celebrate Gideon's birthday with our family.  I am thrilled with how it all turned out and wouldn't change a thing.  I wanted to keep it small and not get out of control with decorations and "things."  But, I also wanted to make it special and memorable for my sweet one-year-old.

Woodland creatures was our theme because that fox is just too precious.  Some birch straws, wooden trees (already decorations in my sister's home), a felt banner (DIY by me), a cake complete with little fox and deer (made by my sister's MIL), and some woodland creature beanie babies (Oh yea, old school.  Found under a bed in my parents house) and we had a party.  Ok, and a lot of great food that my parents helped me with.  It was perfect.

Gideon partied hard.  I mean refused to nap ALL day, hard.  Even after smashing his cake and subsequently getting rashy and puffy from the dairy, followed by a little dose of Benadryl and he acted like he was still ready to party.  I love that he enjoyed his day so much!

Now on to the pictures...

 ^^ On his actual birthday we got him a donut.  He was thrilled ^^



^^I went to Party City with the intention of getting the biggest balloon.  I think I did.  And he loved it^^








^^His Auntie, Uncle and cousins Skyped in for the party.  He loved it.^^



^^This boy is loved and racked up some birthday gifts.^^




^^He LOVES when you sing happy birthday to him^^



^^Not so sure about all of this^^


^^Me and my birthday boy in his suspenders! (From H&M online)^^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...