]

04 November 2013

White chicken chili


I promised a white chicken chili recipe, so here it is.  I got this from my sister and every time I make it I have several people asking for the recipe.  I even spooned out some corn, beans and chicken for Gideon the other night and he ate it up.  But, really no surprise there since the kid will eat ANY table food I set in front of him.  It's really easy and reheats well.


What you'll need:

3 (10.5 oz) cans of chicken broth

3 (15 oz) cans of Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed

3 cups cooked chicken breast, chopped

1 medium onion, chopped

16 oz pkg frozen white corn, thawed (I always have trouble finding white corn, so yellow works too!)

4 oz can chopped green chilies

1 tsp cumin

3/4 tsp oregano

1/4 tsp red pepper flakes


What to do: (It's really simple! Are you ready for this?)

Place ingredients in a big pot and mix thoroughly.  Bring to boil.  Reduce heat and simmer for 40 to 60 minutes.  Serve with shredded cheese, salsa, sour cream, and tortilla chips.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...