I recently read a guest post of 16 Goals by Jen from Jen Loves Kev and fell in love with the idea of writing out some goals that I hope to fulfill and hold to as a parent. I think it will help in the day-to-day chaos that is parenting to have goals written out so we have something to turn to when we feel lost. So here goes...my goals for parenting:
1. I want to ensure that our time together as a family is quality time.
2. I want to never give up family dinners. At the table with no t.v.
3. I want to worry less and enjoy more.
4. I want to give them freedom to grow.
5. I want to show them forgiveness instead of bitterness and anger.
6. I hope to surprise them with fun activities/things for no reason.**
7. I hope to teach them responsibility and work ethic.
8. I want to let go of my OCD and allow our home to be a home.
9. I want to travel and have them experience different places.
10. I don't want them to remember us on our phones or computer all the time. (Taken from Jen!)
11. I don't want to belittle their dreams. I hope to encourage instead.
12. I want them to value family and their relationship with me and Taylor.
13. I want them to have compassion and always be the helper.
14. I want them to learn that things are just things and what they have doesn't define them.
**I remember in middle school when my mom randomly picked me up from school in the middle of the day. I thought something was wrong, but when we got to the car she asked if I wanted to go to the mall with her and my sister for shopping. How fun is that? And to this day I remember it.