]

09 July 2013

Goals



I recently read a guest post of 16 Goals by Jen from Jen Loves Kev and fell in love with the idea of writing out some goals that I hope to fulfill and hold to as a parent. I think it will help in the day-to-day chaos that is parenting to have goals written out so we have something to turn to when we feel lost. So here goes...my goals for parenting:


1. I want to ensure that our time together as a family is quality time.

2. I want to never give up family dinners.  At the table with no t.v.

3. I want to worry less and enjoy more.

4. I want to give them freedom to grow.

5. I want to show them forgiveness instead of bitterness and anger.

6. I hope to surprise them with fun activities/things for no reason.**

7. I hope to teach them responsibility and work ethic.

8. I want to let go of my OCD and allow our home to be a home.

9. I want to travel and have them experience different places.

10. I don't want them to remember us on our phones or computer all the time. (Taken from Jen!)

11. I don't want to belittle their dreams.  I hope to encourage instead.

12. I want them to value family and their relationship with me and Taylor.

13. I want them to have compassion and always be the helper.

14. I want them to learn that things are just things and what they have doesn't define them.



**I remember in middle school when my mom randomly picked me up from school in the middle of the day.  I thought something was wrong, but when we got to the car she asked if I wanted to go to the mall with her and my sister for shopping.  How fun is that?  And to this day I remember it.



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...