]

04 March 2013

Snow, Showers, and Serious Meltdowns

We had a busy, busy weekend over here. We even got some snow on Saturday which we had no clue we were supposed to get. I don't think the weather people knew we were supposed to get it either. Silly March.  Don't you know you are supposed to be the cusp of Spring not the bringer of snow. Get it together.

Friday we headed to my parents house because my sister and her kiddos were visiting and we like to get as much time with them before they head back across the big ocean.  I don't want to think about that coming up in June. Nope.  I won't.  Right away when we got there, my nephew Hudson, grabbed a huge military Lego set and Taylor couldn't resist getting in on this action.  The problem was that the set was not age appropriate for a four-year old so it ended up being Taylor and my dad on the floor putting all the tiny pieces together for several hours. I know they loved it though.

My sister wanted to go to the Super Target near my parents house. Hold on. Let that sink in. SUPER Target.  And since Gideon was not cooperating with a nap in the pack-n-play I decided to take him with. Not even out of the neighborhood and he was passed out. That is how I get my kid to nap.  Take him to Target.  Works for me.  My sisters and I had so much fun looking all around Target.  Sheila left her three kids with my parents so she wanted us to walk slow and kept saying, "what else can we look at?"  It was a vacation for her.  Don't blame her.

Saturday we got to see one of my very great friends from college, Miss Paige P.  She is getting married in October and I couldn't be happier for her.  She got to come meet G and we went to lunch and caught up with life.  Oh the college days.  Staying up til 4 in the morning.  Nowadays, I am not up at 4 in the morning by choice. It was so fun to hear all about her upcoming big day.

Then Paige and I headed to a bridal shower Pinterest party for our friend Carly who is getting married in May.  We can't wait to be a part of her big day! I had never heard of a Pinterest shower, but the idea was that Carly had found DIY projects on Pinterest for wedding decorations and we helped her make them for the big day.  A great way to get the bridesmaids involved with the planning!

All would have been great, but life happens.  About an hour and a half into the shower I got a text from Taylor. Gideon would not take his bottle and had been screaming for an hour. My heart sank.  I was 45 minutes from home and I flew out of there.  I am amazed that I did not get a ticket on the way home.  I could hear him screaming in the background when I called Tay and it made me rush all the more.

I was a mess when I got home but we got G calmed down, fed and put to bed.  We know this is what we signed up for when we decided to become parents! Saturday may have been a disaster in the evening, but Sunday was great.  I put Gideon in the church nursery for the first time both morning and evening and both times the workers said he was such a good baby and did not fuss.  Score for G. Proud mama.

And the weekend according to my iPhone:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...