23 March 2013

March 23.

It's March 23.  One of my favorite days ever.  A year ago today I took that test, saw those lines and was a whole new person.

Let's back up a little.  We had been trying for a while.  Well, ten months, but it seemed like an eternity to me.  I had peed on so many sticks at this point that it was second nature and I am pretty sure I bought a test every time I went to the store.  I calculated the days. Waited.  Peed.  And it was always the same. Not yet.

March 23, 2012.  I was a few days late if you know what I mean, but at this point I was focused on not getting my hopes up.  I had been late before and those were the months when it hurt the most.  I had gotten my expectations up just knowing I would see that line and then the let down.  So I was sure it was just another typical negative month.

It was a Friday.  After work I ran down the road and bought a tanning package for the month so that I could start getting some color.  I never buy a package to tan.  If I go to a tanning bed it is rare and I only buy one, but for some reason I went for it this time and forked out the money for the month.  I never got to use it. And I am glad about it.

Taylor was still at work when I got home.  Our church had it's annual 5K the following day and Taylor had been working so hard for the whole week getting things ready.  He was tired and irritable and ready for Saturday to be over. I only had about an hour at home before I needed to meet Taylor so we could head uptown for dinner with my family to celebrate our brother-in-law's birthday.

I decided to go ahead and take the test and get it over with for the month.  I peed, put it on the counter and left the bathroom so I could change.  I came back to brush my hair and there it was.  I'm positive I was shaking at this point.  Wanted to scream for joy.  And there was no one there to share in my excitement.  So I showed the test to Nala kitty and told her she was going to be a big sister.

At this point I couldn't wait to tell Taylor.  I put the test in a brown paper gift bag and drove to the church to pick up Taylor.  He was still setting things up and I was so impatient for him to get in the car. He said later he wasn't sure why I was in such a rush.  Finally, finally, finally he was ready to go.  When he got in the car I told him I had a present for him because I knew it had been a hard week at work.  He thought it was going to be candy or something.

He looked in the bag and started crying right away.  He kept saying, "Really?"  "Is this for real?" It was one of the best moments of my life.  Top five for sure!  We went to dinner and can you imagine knowing something like this and not telling your family right then and there?  Yea.  It's tough, but we wanted to see my doctor first to confirm everything before spilling the beans.  A week later we got to tell our families.

March 23, 2012.  You are so special to me.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...