]

18 August 2017

the three musketeers...





Or the three stooges.  Depends on the day and the attitude.

All three of my wild men are asleep for nap. In their own rooms. At the same time. All the praise hands for this mama.

We are over four months in to life with three boys and I feel so full and wanted to sit and share an update on the boys and life. I have found myself re-reading old blog posts to see the different stages and compare so I want to continue documenting. In 17 years, I'll probably be ugly crying while reading these back on the eve of one of their weddings. {Sorry for the word-vomit in advance!}

Gideon: I don't know where to start with this one. A typical first-born that Taylor and I have zero idea how to parent. Neither of us are first-born so it is hard for us to understand him. He is outgoing and makes new friends everywhere and anywhere. New or unknown does not scare him. This is mystifying to me. As an adult, I struggle to go into new social situations, but he thrives in it. Not afraid to make friends and not afraid to just be a loner if that's what he's dealt.

He starts at a brand new school for Pre-K 4 in just a couple of weeks. It's one of the top schools in SC and the classical curriculum apparently starts in the Pre-K 4 year. So he will be smarter than me in about a year. He loves learning and spends his days writing letters, pointing them out in public, counting to 100, and asking so many questions. All the questions. He has a knack for memorizing things and is pumping out some memory verses for church that I would struggle to memorize.

His imagination is so impressive. He has found a love for LEGOs and can sit and build for hours. We get him the sets and after he initially builds how it is supposed to go, he deconstructs them and makes his own things. I am not one for tons of toys being around, but LEGOs are OK by me!

Nolan: Oh Nolan. He is our middle child if there ever was one. A sensitive more quiet soul. Until he is mad. He loves so deeply and has started unprompted giving us hugs and saying "I love you." He just wants to sit and cuddle and will do that with whoever is willing. He picks people out who he knows will "hold you" (him) and won't let go.

He is obsessed with all things airplanes and has watched Blue Angels YouTube videos non-stop. He says he wants to be a jet pilot when he grows up and I do not doubt that he will do exactly that. He is not one to change his mind and is very sure of his decisions or the things he wants.

He loves his stuffed "doggies" and eats more than I do most days. He will eat anything and is the biggest food beggar. If you don't want to share, don't eat it around Nolan.

His language has exploded and the sentences that he is putting together blow my mind. It is fun to have him communicating so well and it is rare that we don't understand what he is saying. He is very clear and precise in his words.

Lincoln: I don't now how he is four months old already. I was trying so desperately to cling to his newborn-ness because I know I will miss it. And here we are with it gone already. He is the happiest baby I have ever met. Even when crying uncontrollably, if I come near he will smile in the middle of his tears.

This baby is a go-with-the-flow babe if I ever met one. He has no choice, but really embraces it all. He sleeps incredibly at night (most nights a solid 9 or 10 hours before eating and going right back down for three more). We are working on napping in his room and are getting better. He nurses great and weighing in at 16 pounds is not hurting for a meal. We have decided to go the baby-led weaning route with him like we did with Nolan so will wait a couple more months before starting, although he is currently cutting a tooth!

He has been going to church nursery for over a month now and does great. It's such a relief and I know that he has great ladies to watch him in there. He truly is a dream baby and that is exactly why we are done having anymore. I can't risk going backwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...