]

17 January 2014

It's here. It's here.

My photo book is here.  You know, the one I added to my 2014 goals.  Well, I did it and I couldn't be prouder.  Hundreds of photos, fifty pages and countless hours later, I have accomplished this goal and can check it off the list.

It wasn't a difficult task as in hard to do, but our internet was in and out which made uploading photos to Shutterfly VERY. DIFFICULT. I wanted it to be simple and less scrapbook-y, so I went with white pages and only used type for the month/year date in the corner of each page so we could keep track of what happened when.  I'm just glad that it is only a little more than half-way through January and I have it finished.

It is so fun to glance through it, especially to watch Gideon's progression throughout the year.  I know he was bound to change a ton in his first year, but man, it is so evident in this book.





So let's take a look at my goal list so far:

1. Drink more water.  I thought I would start small.  But, I also really need to do this.  I usually am running around so much and don't realize I am thirsty until I am THIRSTY.  This is ongoing, but I am doing it!

2. Learn to shoot in manual. Any takers on teaching me?  I love my camera and I know my photos would be so much better if I took the time to really figure out how to use it properly. I also hope to save up for a new lens this year. Found some online tutorials, and have started playing around with shooting in manual.

3. Be an intentional friend. It sucks to say, but the first thing to go when you have a kid is your friendships.  Especially, if they don't have kids.  I want to show my friends that they are important to me.  I'm excited to be gaining tons of new friends (and mommy friends) in Beaufort. Have been investing much more time to friendships; having friends over, going out, joining small groups.

4. Run 5k in 30 minutes or less. My mom has asked me to run a 5k with her in March.  I want to do it, but I also want to do well. Which basically means I need to get my butt moving.  She has been running up to four miles recently and putting me to shame.  Step it up, Em.  Step it up. Signed up for a 5k in March.  I think I may have been a little extreme with the 30 minutes goal, since I did it in 38 last year.  I don't think I am shaving 8 whole minutes off, but maybe 35 minutes or less is feasible?

5. Savor my time with Gideon. This goes without saying, but I want to focus on quality time with him instead of time plagued with laundry and dishes, etc.  He is only this size for so long. This is also ongoing and I find myself stopping mid-tracks and being intentional about watching him play or tickling him longer.  But, there are hard days where I fail and I feel guilty.

6. Compile our photos into a family yearbook. I have started working on this, but I know if I don't put it on here I won't finish it.  Keep asking me how it is coming so I feel guilty determined enough to finish.  CHECK



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...