]

31 December 2013

Twenty-Fourteen.

{via}

New Year.  It always feels so fresh and  I understand why people set goals and make resolutions.  And because I love lists so much I thought I would jump on this train and write out my goals for 2014.  Maybe typing it out and posting for others will kick my butt into actually doing it this time.


1. Drink more water.  I thought I would start small.  But, I also really need to do this.  I usually am running around so much and don't realize I am thirsty until I am THIRSTY.


2. Learn to shoot in manual. Any takers on teaching me?  I love my camera and I know my photos would be so much better if I took the time to really figure out how to use it properly. I also hope to save up for a new lens this year.


3. Be an intentional friend. It sucks to say, but the first thing to go when you have a kid is your friendships.  Especially, if they don't have kids.  I want to show my friends that they are important to me.  I'm excited to be gaining tons of new friends (and mommy friends) in Beaufort.


4. Run 5k in 30 minutes or less. My mom has asked me to run a 5k with her in March.  I want to do it, but I also want to do well. Which basically means I need to get my butt moving.  She has been running up to four miles recently and putting me to shame.  Step it up, Em.  Step it up.


5. Savor my time with Gideon. This goes without saying, but I want to focus on quality time with him instead of time plagued with laundry and dishes, etc.  He is only this size for so long.


6. Compile our photos into a family yearbook. I have started working on this, but I know if I don't put it on here I won't finish it.  Keep asking me how it is coming so I feel guilty determined enough to finish.


That is all I have.  This year has been so good with a few (mainly one) tough thing.  I would make "have a baby" be a goal, but I know it's not within my power to make that happen.  But that is a prayer for now!  Goodbye 2013. Hello 2014.

1 comment:

  1. I want to learn how to shoot in manual too! I dabbled a little in it, but my photos came out blurry sometimes. Boo.

    Happy New Year!

    2014 will be good to you and your sweet family, I just know it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...