]

08 October 2013

Shrimp Obsession.

Can I tell you a secret?  Ok, it's really not a secret, but I use to not like shrimp.  At all. Not sure what I was thinking, but then again, this was back when I also thought chokers were cool and fashionable and you just can't trust a time in your life like that!  And now I cannot get enough shrimp.  So, it works out that we moved to the coast and now I am surrounded by tons and tons of shrimp and can eat it anytime I want. And of course, when our new little town had their annual shrimp festival this weekend, I was all in.


We did drive around for an hour looking for parking, but we were determined.  And it was over 90 degrees and we were roasting, but the food, oh. my. gosh. The FOOD made it all worth it.  You purchase tickets, which are a dollar each and use them at the booths to buy your food and drinks.  We tried several different things (fried shrimp, shrimp cocktail, buffalo shrimp pizza) and of course ended the afternoon with a funnel cake.  It was awesome beyond awesome and I can't wait for next year.















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...