]

04 September 2013

And that time we moved away...

So, how about that?  We are moving.  Out-of-state moving.  Not just down the street or across town moving.  Like, biggest-move-of-my-life-so-far moving. And I am excited, anxious, nervous, and sad all at the same time.  It's like pregnancy all over again, without the excuse to eat whatever I want.  Did I mention I gained 60 pounds while I was pregnant? (Taylor would make me clarify by saying it was water weight because I was beyond swollen.) Anyways, where was I?  Oh, yea.  MOVING!

So here is how it happened.  Taylor has been exploring options for a new job for a while.  I don't need to go into all the gory details of why he felt it was best to move on at this point, but it is.  Enter, applications to several places.  Most of which were not where we currently live.  Enter, contacted by a few, this one most promising.  Several emails, phone conversations, phone interviews, in person meet-ups, and an offer later, we are moving.  Say hello to the new youth pastor.  That would be my husband.  He is so excited and I am excited with him.  He feels so strongly about this position and is thrilled to get started.

Where to? You ask.  Um, only the "happiest seaside town in America" according to Coastal Living Magazine. That would be Beaufort, South Carolina.  Water, sand, boats, shrimp.  Basically, I will be living in a Nicholas Sparks novel.  Hopefully without someone dying or a tragic event.  I mean, I'll take Zac Efron or Josh Duhamel. Nah, I'll even pass on them.  I'll take Taylor, Gideon, and some shrimp and I think I'll make it.

Just another example of "things I never should have said", but in the life category this time.  I said I would never live at the beach.  So here I come ocean and sand.  Because I opened my big mouth and now I am eating my words and will ultimately have a car and kid full of sand and salt.  It's quite funny how things work out actually.  Taylor and I had always planned on moving further up north or back to the mountains.  We miss the cold and snow.  Oh man, the Lord sure knows how to move you where you least expect it. But, I feel secure that it is the right decision.

It is hard to continue being excited as I think about all that we are leaving behind.  Family, friends, a familiar place.  The most difficult thing about it has been the thought of Gideon not growing up around my family.  They have been so close and now we will be three plus hours away.  I just have to breathe in and out and remind myself that it is only a car ride away.

So, get pumped with us and continue to follow along.  P.S.  Did I mention we are moving in less than a month?  Needless to say, I need to go start packing.

And a little glimpse at our soon-to-be new home...






2 comments:

  1. I am very excited for the work of God for you all. I am blessed with both
    you and Taylor. God bless your move, ministry and family. Thank you for sharing. I hope to be able to hear more as you all move forward in your lives. Wow, beautiful house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We are excited. The house pictured is just one that is downtown in Beaufort, definitely not ours. But we are renting a really cute house that I can't wait to share!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...