31 May 2013

Mall of America and Northern Pike

I am going to have to break this up into two posts.  One, because I just went through all my pictures and collaged them for this post, so in other words, I'm tired and being lazy.  And two, because I am pretty sure you do not want to be over-photo dumped.  I'll take it slow for you guys.

Do not be deceived by the sunshine in the above photo.  It was C-O-L-D while we were there.  Cold by my southern standards.  Actually it should be considered cold for anyone's standards for the end of May.  Hence, why I am wearing the same hoodie in EVERY picture you will see of me.  It is the only warmer thing I packed. Going from 80 degree weather here to 50 degree weather there does not make packing too easy. And yes, there is a cow in the yard.  She was having trouble getting up and laid there the entire time we were there.  I was worried about her, but as we were getting on the plane to come home, my cousin sent me a picture of her standing up!

We opted to go to the Mall of America as soon as we landed.  It is literally across the street from the airport.  If you have not been you should really add it to your bucket list.  No, I'm not kidding.  It is awesome.  I think this was maybe my sixth or seventh time going and it is still cool to me.  We ate lunch in one of the many food courts (which took us a little while to find.  Those directories are eons long in that place). It was fun to watch my niece and nephews faces as they took in the giant roller coaster, ferris wheel, and log flume INSIDE the mall.  And not to mention Lego land.  Crazy cool.  
And even though Taylor and the guys acted like they didn't want to go, they loved it too.  Taylor even said next time we head up North we need to devote a whole day there.  I'm holding you to it, Tay!

I had one store in sight.  H&M.  We don't have one nearby.  But, wouldn't you know, that very same day I found out they are putting one in our mall here. Good thing I stopped in there though.  I bought Gideon a knit hat because I hadn't brought him one.  And like I mentioned above.  IT. WAS. COLDER. THAN. IT. SHOULD. HAVE. BEEN.  A man at the mall even mentioned that G didn't have socks on.  I wanted to say, "Well, we haven't needed socks in two months where we live."  But held my tongue.

The guys wasted no time going fishing the day after we arrived.  And unlike all the other fishing trips they have been on, they actually caught their limit.  My nephew caught his first and biggest fish which was beyond exciting for him.  And we had supper that night.  Fried fish and pink lemonade.  My grandmother always made it for us and it felt so good to have it again.  

We spent the rest of the day enjoying the farm.  Racing on bikes, running, swinging, chasing chickens.  Helping with the milking.  Playing cards, drinking pop.  Even though it was chilly, the sun was out which was nice.  We even laid in the grass on a blanket for a bit and Gideon reached his chubby fingers over to grab the grass.  It is so fun watching him explore and there was plenty for him to explore on the farm.  He opted out of naps (Doesn't that sound much nicer than me saying, he screamed his head off any time I tried to lay him down) which had me a bit out of sorts, but what can you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...