]

30 April 2013

Big Things

We have had some big things going on recently.  Some not so great, some wonderful:

1. Gideon is now saying "ma ma"  At least making the sound.  But, he only says it when he is upset and wants me.  (I am thrilled that it is his first word)
2. My pump is kaput.  For the moment anyways.  And I am not a happy camper about that ish.  I think it is just the tubing that is the problem so I ordered one.  But, needed to be able to pump in the meantime so I went and bought a manual pump.
3. It's not my birthday quite yet, but Taylor brought out a wrapped present the other night and said he wanted to go ahead and give it to me because I would need it this week.  People, he bought me my Hunter boots.  Surprised the heck out of me.  And perfect timing, because it is pouring this week.  I thought about putting them on and going out and splashing around.  Best. husband. ever.
4. DMV. That whole renew your license every eight years or so.  But, and I never thought I would ever be saying this, I had a great experience at the DMV yesterday.  In and out in less than 10 minutes.  And to top that sucker off, the employees were SO NICE!
5. Mobile baby.  Not quite crawling yet, but mobile nonetheless.  Last night I woke up checked the monitor and he was asleep.  I went to pump for twenty minutes, came back and he was completely turned around with his head the other way.
6. Postpartum hair loss.  Dang it, this is a real thing.  Not that I am getting bald spots or anything.  Trust me, I have more than enough hair. The icky thing is finding my hair EVERYWHERE.  Gross.
7. House hunting.  We are looking to buy a house.  So far all we have done is drive around the area we want to live and go through neighborhoods looking for houses with "for sale" signs.  This totally works unless you are just seeing the house and miss that it is an entire horse farm for sale.  I think we will pass.

And just because photo posts are better, here is what I like to call victory of the sweet potato.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...