]

04 December 2017

Savoring Christmas



I don't know about you, but this time of year my anxiety goes into hyper mode. Simple things like scrolling Instagram or walking into a store can bring on major feelings of inadequacy or that I am behind on the holiday hoopla. Seeing perfectly decorated homes or detailed planned activities for every day leading up to December 25th makes me feel like I'm dropping the ball for my family.

In order to combat these feelings and the negative side effects that come with, I approach the holiday season with an intentionality to savor the important things like spending time with my family and enjoy the season by picking just a couple of things I want to be a priority. This looks different for everyone. For me, relationships are where it is at and this is a time of year I like to check in with loved ones near and far. Christmas cards is the way I love to do this. A simple little something to send to everyone as a small update on us.

To go along with cards, we update family photos each year. I absolutely love doing this as much as my husband hates it. He goes along because he knows how happy they make me. It is incredible to look back at every year and see the differences. Once we get our photos back from our amazing photographer, it's time to pick a Christmas card.


Shutterfly makes this part a breeze. The hardest part is picking which card you want to use out of their hundreds of fabulous options. I usually scroll and favorite quite a few to personalize and try out before deciding. There are so many options with each card and you can be as detailed or minimal as you want. Want the envelope to shine? Add a liner. Don't want to address them yourself because, well, time? They will address them for you. Want multiple photos or a double-sided card? Check or check. The possibilities are endless.



This year I opted for a single photo card on the front and then the back has an updated photo of each of the boys. I love that it shows them as they are for this year. I also went with the pearl shimmer card stock which is so beautiful in person and a fun black and white buffalo check envelope liner to match the back of the card.

Once you decide on your options and upload your photo and wording, finalizing your fonts and all, you can preview your choices and checkout. Then you get to stalk your mail person and wait for your orange package. It's seriously that simple. And really fun. I tend to mock up several cards {maybe even five} and then make my husband pick his favorite.

Using Shutterfly for Christmas cards has really lessened my anxiety during a busy and full season. It's something I love to do and share with friends and family, but their simplistic approach to getting it done makes it an easy check on the to-do list so that I can spend my time enjoying the season.

Happy card making, friends! {Be sure to look at the promotions they are running before you checkout!}

*This post is in partnership with Shutterfly who provided the Christmas cards to me. I was not compensated for writing this post and the opinions expressed are my own genuine opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...