]

10 May 2018

Turning 30 and lips


I turned thirty last week! Thirty! People keep asking me how I feel and I honestly can say I don't feel any different. I understand the sentiment of turning thirty and how so many people count down to it, but I have always felt too young to be where I am. I know part of that is that I look young. Many people assume I am in my early twenties (and I even had a well meaning cashier say she thought I was 19 when I was very, very pregnant with Lincoln). I mean, goodness, I am seriously too young to have three kids. Who gave them to me?

One thing I have always felt too young for is strong lip color. I'm so jealous of girls who can pull it off so effortlessly. And then I realized that it is all about confidence, not about skin tone or lip size. So for months, I have been trying to find the best lip sticks and colors to use. But, I am an inconsistent person when it comes to application, so it often was gone from my lips before I got where I was going. And with three kids and all the stuff I have to bring along for them, I didn't have room or time to think about reapplication so that was that.


A couple of months ago my sister-in-law, Brittany, started as a distributor for Senegence, the company that sells Lipsense. I had always been intrigued by Lipsense but completely turned off by it being a direct sales company. I had so many bad experiences with direct sales companies and their distributors being over-the-top pushy or reaching out like we were long lost friends and then slapping their agenda in my face. Nothing will turn me off faster, I promise. So, I never pursued trying Lipsense out.

After watching Brittany's videos on the products I was super sure I had to try it. She sent me a Lipsense starter kit and I picked Aussie Rose as my color and glossy gloss as the gloss. I wanted a fun pop of color for going out or maybe even for school drop-off and pick-up, because why not. The application was easy and you know what, it did what it said it would. It stayed all freaking day long. Through kisses on my three boys (and ya'll, I kiss them so much), through eating, through wind, rain, and snow (just kidding, I didn't have snow, but I bet it would stay!). And it didn't get on anything else. No pink marks on my boy's face or on cups or on my shirt while changing. I was impressed. And I finally felt thirty. I felt like a grown up. I felt like I might be taken seriously and that cashier might think I was 26 instead of 19. I felt so good.


I follow Brittany's business account (Bougainvillea Beauty with B) and even though I have seen her apply all of the products (because they have more than Lipsense!) a million times, I can't stop watching. It is all so pretty and practical. Watching her makes me want to sell it too because it looks like so much fun. If you've ever thought "hey, I want to try that" or been interested in any way, I say go for it.

So, it took until thirty, but I finally found my groove with lip color and the confidence to say, "yes, this is for me!"


*I was not compensated for writing this post although the starter kit was provided to me to try. As always, these are my genuine opinions of the product. I wouldn't lie to you! Also, I ended up buying another color as well because it's just that good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...