]

09 December 2017

it's the most wonderful time

I can't believe we are in the last few weeks of 2017. What a year. Almost a full year of our church plant, a new baby, and so much more. It is flying and I feel like I am simultaeneously flying with it and moving in slow motion trying to grasp each little thing and hold onto it before it's gone.

I've been pretty emotional lately and I can't pinpoint what is setting it off. As I rock Lincoln to sleep at night or watch him exploring the world around him I tear up knowing that this is the last of all the baby stages for us. While I know I never want to be pregnant again, it still carries with it a sadness of finality.

Having our Gideon turn five has also brought on the mama waterworks. I see him growing and thinking and speaking like a boy and not a baby or toddler. I struggle to pick him up and know that we are entering the year where he will start spending a large portion of his days away from me. My heart aches knowing they are all growing and growing up means growing away. I know it's what they are supposed to do, but dang it hurts.

Here is a few things about each of these wild things:


Gideon:
- FIVE! He's five, you guys. He opted for a Hornets game with dad and dinner and cupcakes with just us at home instead of a party this year. {You know it was killing me to not do a party, but I can't tell you the stress it took away. Something had to give this year!}
- He is thriving in school and learning so much.
- Gideon learned how to ride his bike without training wheels in October and has been riding like a crazy man ever since. He picked it up so quickly!
- I've never seen a friendlier kid. Everywhere we go, he comes back to us saying, "I made a new friend." He sees everyone as a potential friend and is not intimidated to enter a social situation where he doesn't know anyone. He will come out knowing everyone. I'm so jealous of this quality.


Nolan:
- This boy has become a little family entertainer. He is hilarious and he knows it. And when he is in trouble he gives me this goofy little smile that says "I know I'm cute and you can't stay mad." It works. Every time.
- Still obsessed with airplanes. I have no doubt in my mind that he will grow up to be a jet pilot. That is just the way he is.
- We call him our sour patch kid. As sweet as he is, right now at two he is often very sour.
- Nolan is our homebody and prefers to just be with us. While he does fine playing with others and has fun, he just isn't as social or party-animal as Gideon.


Lincoln:
- Eight months with this happy boy. I can't believe he's so big.
- He got four teeth in two weeks. They all just started coming out of nowhere and fast. I love his little smile with teeth.
- No crawling yet but so close. Right now, he sits on his bottom and scoots across the floor to get where he wants to be. It is too cute.
- Lincoln has the sweetest spirit and I wish everyone could experience a baby like this. He has redeemed my baby experience after Nolan {hey, he put me in counseling} and is a high note to end on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...