]

14 August 2013

Bucket list.

This picture has nothing to do with this post.  I can't help but show this sweet little face!

I think the general perception is that once you are married and have a baby you are done having fun.  I'm married, have a baby and I'm only 25.  How dumb would it be for me to stop having fun or to give up on the things I really want to experience or accomplish?  For me, it's an added bonus to have Taylor and Gideon to share in those things with me.  I get to have those two cuties cheering me on.


I don't know what happened between high school and college and college and now, but I use to be a real go-getter.  I have found that I hold back a lot these days.  In all honesty, it seems to be my own fear of what others will think or say and a huge lack of confidence in myself.  I want to regain my confidence!


I've always loved the idea of a bucket list, no matter how cliche.  It just seems like the ideal way to keep focus on the things you want to do.  A visual if you will.  And I am a visual learner.  I am totally that person who makes to-do lists and sometimes even adds something I've already done.  Seeing things crossed off is motivation.  It's how I survived college!


Anyways, I thought I would put together a bucket list that I can add to and hopefully cross things off as I go. Only ten things, but it's a start. So here it is:


1. Go to a Pittsburgh Penguins hockey game in Pittsburgh.

2. Eat brunch at the Gramercy Terrace in NYC.

3. Swim in the crater in Utah.

4. Visit Vail and swim in the Glenwood hot springs. (I'm not a snow sport person, but the hot springs        sound nice!)

5. Run a 5k in under 30 minutes

6. Visit Washington DC (Can you believe I've never been?)

7. Make the Thanksgiving turkey...or at least help. (Big if here, my dad always makes the turkey)

8. Learn the creative suite really well. (Photoshop, InDesign, etc.)

9. Learn how to shoot in manual on my camera.

10. Get some writing published, say for an online publication, while writing about what I love (mom life, marriage, etc.)


“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”


- Mark Twain

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...